The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits is pleased to announce its fifth annual Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero Awards. In partnership with the McKnight Foundation, a Minnesota-based family foundation that advances a more just, creative, and abundant future where people and planet thrive, four Minnesotans, two from the Twin Cities metro and two from Greater Minnesota, will each receive $10,000 in recognition of the significant impact they have had on the state of Minnesota and its communities.
Nominations are open until May 27, 2019.
A Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero is an individual who has had a significant impact on the state of Minnesota and its communities. This individual:
- Has played a significant role on creating a positive impact on Minnesota and its communities.
- Has not been widely recognized for their work in the past.
- Nominees do not have to be employed at an organization to be eligible, but may be volunteers, board members, or service staff of nonprofits.
- Nominees must be Minnesota residents.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominees may not be past Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero Award or Human Services Award recipients.
Recipients will receive:
- $10,000 cash award
- Public recognition at MCN's 2019 Annual Conference in Rochester on October 24.