Mission and Values
The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN) was founded in 1987 to meet the increasing information needs of nonprofits and to convene nonprofits to address issues facing the sector. It is the largest state association of nonprofits in the U.S. Through MCN, nonprofits join together across interest areas to work on issues of common concern to all.
MCN accomplishes its mission in five ways:
- Education and professional development for nonprofit managers and leaders;
- Public policy education and civic engagement;
- Cost saving product partnerships;
- Research on nonprofit sector trends and tax and budget issues; and
- Advocacy at local, state and federal levels.
MCN works to inform, promote, connect and strengthen individual nonprofits and the nonprofit sector.
Nonprofit organizations accomplish their missions for a healthy, cooperative and just society.
2010-2014 Strategic Plan
- Strengthen the economic sustainability of individual nonprofits and the nonprofit sector.
- Deepen relationships among member organizations to increase knowledge, effectiveness and capacity for collective action.
- Build bridges between nonprofits and key institutions (business, local government, philanthropy, etc.) to increase partnership and cooperation.
- Increase opportunities for cost saving programs, shared services and shared spaces.
- Strengthen nonprofit community engagement.