Mission and Values
The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN) was founded in 1987 to meet the increasing information needs of nonprofits and to convene nonprofits to address issues facing the sector. It is the largest state association of nonprofits in the U.S. Through MCN, nonprofits join together across interest areas to work on issues of common concern to all.
MCN accomplishes its mission in five ways:
- Education and professional development for nonprofit managers and leaders;
- Public policy education and civic engagement;
- Cost saving product partnerships;
- Research on nonprofit sector trends and tax and budget issues; and
- Advocacy at local, state and federal levels.
MCN works to inform, promote, connect and strengthen individual nonprofits and the nonprofit sector.
Nonprofit organizations accomplish their missions for a healthy, cooperative and just society.
- Include and Engage to Address Inequities in our Communities
- Promote Nonprofits as Essential Community Resources
For more information on MCN's strategic priorities, implementation and ongoing decision making, download the Strategy Roadmap.