What type of sessions will be included in the conference?
Propel Nonprofits and MCN seek workshops that will focus on a range of skills and knowledge. Sessions will highlight everything from technical skills such as budgeting, audits and compliance to strategic skills such as team leadership, organizational sustainability, internal controls and oversight.
For 2020, we'll highlight various tracks of sessions, in addition to all of the rest of the workshops that we always host. We are particularly looking for sessions that encourage new thinking and risk-taking.
- Advanced Track: sessions that dig beyond the basics while focusing on a unique concept or issue
- Town Hall Track: conversation-based sessions that gather "the wisdom in the room" through facilitated conversations, world cafes or other participatory methods
- Change Track: sessions that focus on the various ways that our work, our nonprofits and our communities are changing; these sessions will lead attendees to consider their roles in supporting and leading healthy change
- The technical side of financial and fiscal management
- The ethics of finances, budgeting and compliance
- The strategic side of financial leadership for staff, board and volunteers
- Topics of sustainability including nonprofit business models and entrepreneurship
- Transparency and accountability
- Legal topics and government policy issues
- Trends that are changing the way we work in our organizations and communities