What type of sessions will be included in the conference?
Propel Nonprofits and MCN seek workshops that will focus on a range of skills, knowledge, and models of working that highlight both technical skills (i.e., budgeting, audits, and compliance) and strategic thinking and processes (i.e., team leadership, organizational sustainability, internal controls, oversight, and imaginative change).
For 2023, we will highlight two content tracks: (1) Finance and (2) Human Resources.
We are open to a variety of topics; however, we are especially interested in sessions that address the following:
- Reserve policies
- Employee pay and retention any time and in times of inflation
- Actionable equity steps in budgeting
- How to talk about finances in a nonprofit to non-finance people (staff, board, etc.)
- Cooperative/shared expert models (e.g., several small nonprofits come together and hire specific support people – bookkeeper, fundraiser—on a contract basis
- How to decide when to outsource
We also encourage sessions that engage topics and approaches relevant to and implementable by small nonprofits ($0-$99,999).