This event is postponed. Stay tuned for a new date, fall 2019.
Join the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits for an intensive workshop on designing program evaluation for grant funding. The session will be delivered in workshop style – combining presentation, activities and group consulting/problem-solving. Participants should come prepared to discuss their own evaluation needs and questions.
In this session, participants will learn how to:
- Make sense of all the evaluation terms you encounter: SMART, logic model, impact and outcome
- Craft relevant and meaningful outcomes and indicators for your program or organization that address all of your needs—from mission tracking to funder reporting
- Use an evaluation plan to frame evaluation questions
- Create a logic model and determine what kind of data might be useful
- Measure changes and share results
- Select evaluation methods and management tools
- Streamline your work as you organize, manage, and analyze data
Participants will walk away with a preliminary evaluation plan for their organization and a list of helpful resources, tools, and strategies.
Refreshments: Coffee, tea and a light snack will be provided.
About the Presenter
Kari Aanestad is the director of advancement at the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits. In this role, Kari secures and stewards grant and individual donor support for MCN. She also supports the development of other fundraising professionals throughout Minnesota through various channels including in-person and online trainings, the Minnesota Grants Alert, and the Minnesota Grants Directory. Kari holds a bachelor of arts in English and political science from Augsburg College and a master of divinity from Luther Seminary. Most recently she served as grant writer and outcomes manager for St. David’s Center. Kari brings a holistic wealth of experience to her role including international travel to over 20 countries, hospital chaplaincy in England, and teaching and tutoring positions ranging from elementary to post-graduate levels in writing and compassionate communication.