On May 7, the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN) will be moving one of the nation's largest nonprofit-specific job boards to a new-and-improved platform, in conjunction with the launch of the organization's new website.
In anticipation of the move, MCN wanted to share some information that will help prepare both employers and jobseekers for the transition.
What Can Employers Expect?
- Modern look, feel, and formatting. Plus, for the first time, the MCN Job Board will be responsive for all devices.
- MCN nonprofit members will still be able to post on the job board at no cost. Simply log in to the site using the same individual MCN username and password you use on MCN's website.
- Nonmembers and associate members will also be able to post on the job board for a fee of $179.
- Both members and nonmembers can increase the reach of their posting with add-on services for a fee.
- Job posters will be able to access past listings easily through their online account dashboard (when logged in with their individual login information).
What Can Jobseekers Expect?
- The ability to create a personalized account, allowing them to better manage job searches, upload their resume, and interact effectively with prospective employers.
- Ability to search for nonprofit jobs, board, internship, and volunteer opportunities via geographic radius searches, multiple category designations, and more.
- It was long overdue, but jobseekers will now be able to subscribe for job alert emails based on specific keywords they provide.
Things to Consider During the Transition
During a transition like this, there are bound to be hiccups. With so many job openings currently on our job board, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Posting Migration: In order to transition postings from our old job board to the new job board, our hosts have to "scrape" the content over. It is a quick, yet imperfect, way of moving postings from one platform to the next. Unfortunately, this may result in some errors and initial access issues. Members with listings migrated over are encouraged to repost their positions once the site goes live to ensure proper categorization (temporary duplicate listings may occur initially). The problem will remedy itself within a few weeks.
- Temporary Down Time: There will be a 24-hour down period between the close of the existing job board and the launch of the new job board. MCN will do our best to communicate regarding this down period.
- New URL to Bookmark: Starting on May 7, the new job board will have a new URL (https://jobs.minnesotanonprofits.org/), so employers and jobseekers alike will want to change your bookmarks. We will have the old URL redirect to the new site for the time being, but better safe than sorry.
MCN realizes that many of our job board users will have questions both prior to and after the launch. We will do our best to provide you with the information you need to make the new job board a useful resource moving forward.
Please contact John Wurm, MCN membership & communications director, at email@example.com with any questions.