Job Board Terms and Conditions
The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits Job Board is a resource for individuals seeking paid positions in the nonprofit sector. As such, postings are limited to nonprofit organizations, government entities and MCN associate members. MCN’s job board includes listings for unpaid internships, but is not a database of volunteer positions. There are many helpful resources in the community to help connect organizations offering opportunities with those seeking volunteer opportunities including MAP for Nonprofits
, HandsOn Twin Cities
, and at individual nonprofits.
These terms and conditions will govern the use by individuals posting jobs (“Poster(s)”) as well as the use by individual job seekers (“Job Seeker(s)”) of the MCN Job Board.
Accepting the Terms
By accessing or posting on the MCN Job Board, Posters and Job Seekers agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. MCN may amend the terms and conditions at any time by posting the amended terms on MCN’s website.
Postings are free for MCN nonprofit members.
Nonmember nonprofits, government entities and MCN associate members may post jobs at the rate of $159 per position, and payment must be received before the job is posted online. Eligible nonprofits may join MCN and post for free. Entities posting positions on behalf of an MCN member organization may post a job for free, but doing so requires access to the job board on behalf of the member organization. Postings will remain online for 30 days unless an earlier deadline is provided. Once the deadline has passed, the posting will be removed. Expired postings are eligible to be re-posted at the same rates.
Conditions on Use
As a condition of accessing and using the MCN Job Board, Posters and Job Seekers agree to:
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including employment and privacy laws when using the MCN Job Board or when interacting with a Poster or a Job Seeker
- Avoid submitting, uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise transmitting any content that is threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, discriminatory, sexually explicit, offensive or otherwise unlawful
- Provide accurate information, and to avoid posting or otherwise transmitting false, inaccurate or misleading information
- Use the MCN Job Board in a professional manner
- Avoid duplicating or copying information posted on the MCN Job Board unless expressly permitted to do so
- Avoid transmitting any information or content that is subject to copyright or other intellectual property protections
- Avoid posting any job requirement that discriminates on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age
MCN reserves the right to remove any postings that it determines violates any of the conditions listed above.
Conditions of Postings
The MCN Job Board may not be used for illegal or unlawful purposes. Posters may not post any information which defames or otherwise harms another individual or organization, or is knowingly false or inaccurate. Posters may not post job openings for another organization, unless they have the express permission of that organization to do so.
Posters are required to ensure that postings do not discriminate against any potential employees. Specifically, MCN requires all Posters to abide by federal and state laws relating to discrimination in the workplace, including the Minnesota Human Rights Act (MHRA).
The MHRA provides that except when based on a bona fide occupational qualification, it is an unfair employment practice for an employer, because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age to:
- refuse to hire or to maintain a system of employment which unreasonably excludes a person seeking employment; or
- discharge an employee; or
- discriminate against a person with respect to hiring, tenure, compensation, terms, upgrading, conditions, facilities, or privileges of employment.
Best Practices for Job Postings
It is the policy of MCN to remain non-partisan, and as a result, MCN does not permit campaign-related positions to be posted on the job board. Posters should consider the following guidelines when posting jobs:
- Please include detailed instructions for how job seekers should apply. This can be by mail, email, a webform link, or a combination.
- Keeping the job seeker in mind, please remember that accuracy and consistency with posting close dates is appreciated.
- Do not use acronyms within your organization’s name for better recognition of a potential employer.
- Include a salary range to help jobseekers make a better assessment of fit.
MCN Disclaimer of Liabilities and Remedies
The MCN Job Board offers Posters and Job Seekers a place to connect. Posters are responsible for posting content and MCN does not control the legality, truth or accuracy of the content posted by Posters. Likewise, MCN does not control the content posted or transmitted by Job Seekers. Posters and Job Seekers assume all risks associated with using the MCN Job Board. Posters are solely responsible for the legality of their job postings.
MCN is not liable to Posters, Job Seekers or third parties for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including but not limited to: lost profits, losses resulting from the use or inability to use the MCN Job Board or the reliance on any information posted on the MCN Job Board, or any other potential loss related to the use of the MCN Job Board. In no event shall MCN’s liability to any Poster or Job Seeker relating to the use of the MCN Job Board exceed $100.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Posters and Job Seekers use the MCN Job Board at their own risk. The MCN Job Board is provided “as is,” and MCN expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to the MCN Job Board, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and noninfringement, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR USEFULNESS OF THE MCN JOB BOARD.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your posting or MCN’s Job Board, please send an email to email@example.com
or call 651-642-1904.