2016 Nonprofit Dues Changes
Minnesota has one of the most advanced nonprofit sectors in the nation, so it is fitting that MCN is one of the broadest based nonprofit membership associations in the country. Annual dues from nonprofit organizations is MCN’s largest single source of revenue, and MCN’s best indicator of the level of support from the nonprofit sector. As unrestricted revenue it is also the most valuable resource to fund nimble responses to issues such as government shutdown, minimum wage and adverse media stories. This year MCN’s membership has reached 2,120 nonprofit member organizations), as well as 234 Associate Memberships from businesses and individuals.
For 2016, with minor inflation over the previous three years, the proposed dues adjustment for the most part represents a modest rebalancing.
- The 650 smallest organizations (with budgets under $100,000) will see no increase in dues;
- 1,207 members (with budgets between $100,000 and $3 million) will have their dues increase between $25 and $50;
- 84 members’ dues (with budgets from $3 - $5 million) will increase $75 (9%);
- 78 members’ dues (with budgets from $5-$10 million) will increase $100 (10%); and
- The 97 largest organizations, with budgets above $10 million, will be divided into two groups: $10-$20 million and $20 million +
These large nonprofits have a major stake in MCN’s work to keep a positive government relations climate for the nonprofit sector, and see the value of a somewhat larger investment in MCN’s operations. The dollar increase would be the greatest for these two categories, who will also be receiving special communications about this change.
|If your budget is:||Your dues are|
|$100,000 - $199,999||$100|
|$200,000 - $399,999||$150|
|$400,000 - $699,999||$275|
|$700,000 - $999,999||$450|
|$1 million - $2 million||$600|
|$2 million - $3 million||$750|
|$3 million - $5 million||$925|
|$5 million - $10 million||$1,100|
|$10 million - $20 million||$1,400|
|$20 million and above||$1,600|
For additional questions about membership for nonprofits, contact John Wurm, MCN membership and communications director, at 651-757-3082 or email@example.com.