Nonprofit Membership Benefits
"Thanks to the MCN team for all you do to bring the Minnesota nonprofit community and abundance of resources. I cannot imagine where we would be without you."
~ Tom Mulhere, resource director of Open Your Heart To The Hungry and Homeless, member since 1992
Join Online Now!
Or Download a PDF Application
When your nonprofit joins the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN), it is immediately connected to a network of 2,000 organizations that spans all budget sizes, geographic regions and activity areas in the state. As the largest state association of nonprofits in the U.S., MCN draws upon the expertise and knowledge of this network to develop programs and services that inform, promote, connect and strengthen individual nonprofits and the nonprofit sector.
As a MCN nonprofit member, you will gain access to a variety of member benefits that will help you: stay informed; save time and money; network with other nonprofits and peers; learn from important sector research; advocate for the nonprofit sector, and; award leading nonprofits.
- Receive Two MCN resource publications per year free of charge
- Receive Quarterly Nonprofit News
- Receive Weekly, bi-weekly and monthly email alerts (opt-in required)
- Access to members-only resources on MCN’s website such as the Nonprofit Legal Handbook.
Save Time and Money
- Access to MCN established partnerships with services that your organization needs
- Post free on MCN's Nonprofit Job Board
- Rent MCN's conference room with a 50 percent discount.
Learn from and Network with Fellow Nonprofits
- Attend MCN events and trainings at a discount (including members-only events)
- Attend activities in central, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest, south central and west central Minnesota
Important Sector Research
- Participate in and receive the results from sector research to help your organization succeed
Advocate for the Nonprofit Sector
- Advocate on behalf of all nonprofits at the state Legislature, with city and county governments and with our federal congressional delegation.
- Work with the media on behalf of nonprofits to spotlight the sector and showcase best practices.
Award Leading Nonprofits
- Nominate a nonprofit for the Nonprofit Mission and Excellence Awards
- Nominate a nonprofit for the Leadership Awards
- Nominate a nonprofit for the Dot.Org Awards
Your nonprofit's dues are based on your organization's annual operating budget and start at just $50 a year – a price that you can immediately earn back in benefits and cost-savings!
|If your budget is:||Your dues are|
|$100,000 - $199,999||$100|
|$200,000 - $399,999||$150|
|$400,000 - $699,999||$275|
|$700,000 - $999,999||$450|
|$1 million - $2 million||$600|
|$2 million - $3 million||$750|
|$3 million - $5 million||$900|
|$5 million - $10 million||$1,100|
|$10 million - $20 million||$1,400|
|above $20 million||$1,600|
For additional questions about membership for nonprofits, contact MCN at 651-642-1904 or email@example.com.