MISSION: ServeMinnesota is a catalyst for positive social change, working with
AmeriCorps and community partners to meet critical needs in Minnesota
The organization gets results by:
Innovation: researching and applying the best methods to create powerful local solutions
Investment: raising and allocating funds for AmeriCorps program development, and people serving in those programs, to maximize return
Alignment: aligning with local community and government priorities and setting consistent program standards to ensure measurable results
VISION: Inspiring action to change Minnesota communities for the better
Founded in 1994, ServeMinnesota began as the Minnesota Commission on National and Community Service. It was housed within the Department of Family and Children’s Services and was the designated recipient and administrator of funding for Minnesota's AmeriCorps program. In 2002, the Minnesota Legislature approved the organization becoming a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with the broader mission of advancing national service and volunteerism across the state.
Over the past five years, with the leadership of its Executive Director Audrey Suker and the Board of Directors, staff have worked together to strengthen the organization's strategic role in addressing the needs of its Minnesota communities. The organization has succeeded in establishing itself as a nonprofit and in providing statewide leadership to meet critical needs with AmeriCorps resources.
ServeMinnesota provides invaluable programs and services to Minnesota communities. With the dedication of more than 1200 AmeriCorps members, ServeMinnesota has improved the state of Minnesota through its programs which focus on the following areas:
-Building affordable housing
-Improving access for new Minnesotans
-Increasing employment for underemployed individuals
-Assisting our children along the educational pathway to reduce achievement gaps
|Location: Twin Cities Metro||Activity Area: Community Building, Volunteerism, Philanthropy|
|Category: Program Management||Closing Date: open until filled|
|Job Type: Full Time||Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience and Market Rates|
The Research Associate is a new position being created in response to ServeMinnesota’s need to accelerate the “research to practice” capacity of ServeMinnesota’s Education Programs. This new position will support ServeMinnesota’s research efforts under the supervision of ServeMinnesota’s Research Director.
Reports to: Research Director
The duties of this position are focused on evaluation and development of ServeMinnesota programming.
1. Evaluation. Support the Research Director in producing reports of ServeMinnesota initiatives. To include:
a. Primary outcomes for annual evaluation of ServeMinnesota strategic initiative programs.
b. Outcomes of interest to ServeMinnesota funders.
c. Outcomes of interest to consumers/clients of ServeMinnesota services (e.g., school districts). Research Associate will assist in designing a reporting system and process to ensure all clients/consumers receive annual reports of program impact at their sites. Subsequently, Research Associate will directly manage this system.
d. Outcomes for ServeMinnesota innovation projects.
e. Requests for evaluation data from expansion partners, including quarterly progress reports and completion of annual program evaluation reports by August 31st of each year (joint supervision with V.P. of Reading Corps National Expansion)
f. Support the logistics related to evaluation functions such as survey creation and distribution; data collection; and data integrity.
2. Program Development. Support the Research Director with development of ServeMinnesota initiatives. To include:
a. Representing the research and evaluation capacity of ServeMinnesota at site visits with prospective or current funders.
b. Manage and coordinate innovative pilot initiatives within ServeMinnesota’s strategic programming.
3. Facilitate Inter-Organizational Communication and Partnership with Reading Corps. With supervision from the Vice President of National Replication and Research Director, represent ServeMinnesota in ongoing communication and collaboration with Reading Corps partner organizations. To include:
a. Attendance at Reading Corps Literacy Team meetings hosted by ServeMinnesota Action Network
b. Support of Reading Corps Literacy Team with evaluation and development action items.
c. Support of National Replication activities with evaluation and development action items. d. Support of National Replication and ServeMinnesota Action Network to coordinate, systematize, and standardize training and material content for Reading Corps implementation.
e. Coordinate with ServeMinnesota, the ServeMinnesota Action Network and National Replication efforts to develop standards Master Coaching practice across all Reading Corps sites.
4. Duties as Assigned.
• Energetic, high-level strategic thinker whose ambition and creativity is grounded by extensive experience in community-based and/or education program implementation
• Thorough training and experience in educational research, including research methodology, statistical analysis, and program evaluation.
• Training and experience with various approaches to educational assessment, with extensive training in direct assessment of academic skills.
• Proficient data manipulation and summarization skills, with accompanying skills in verbal and written interpretation of data.
• Ability to translate complex concepts into accessible verbal and written communication that is meaningful and compelling to multiple audiences
• Strong skills in project coordination, leadership, and management, including a clear track record of constructing, communicating, and successfully adhering to complex program/project implementation timelines
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including comfort and skill in reconciling differences of opinion, acknowledging and resolving conflict, and strengthening or building consensus
• Proven relationship-building skills and the ability to interact successfully with a wide range of stakeholders representing diversity of perspectives, culture and interests
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; confidence in public speaking.
• Solid experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Comfort in using online data management systems
• Must work occasional evenings and weekends
A minimum of two years related experience and a Master’s degree in a related field are required. Preferred candidates have experience and training in evidence-based assessment and intervention for struggling school-aged children, and/or experience and training with evaluating educational programming for school-aged children.
ServeMinnesota is committed to hiring staff people who reflect the diversity of the Minnesota communities we serve.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How To Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.