Events Intern (unpaid)
American Red Cross - Twin Cities
The American Red Cross, a humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross Movement, will provide relief to victims of disaster and help people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies.
|Location: Twin Cities Metro||Activity Area: Human Services and/or Youth Development|
|Category: Fundraising and Fund Development||Closing Date: open until filled|
|Job Type: Intern||Salary: Unpaid|
|Hours: 15-25 per week|
The Events Intern will assist the Fundraising Events Director with organizing and planning the largest fundraising event of the year and will attend several smaller events. Activities include general event planning, venue coordination, relationship development with award winners, vendors, and community members, interaction with locat heroes, and other projects and duties as needed. Position reports to the Fundraising Events Director.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work some nights or weekends
- Has own transportation
- Comfortable working with diverse communities, including donors of all levels
- Business skills: Excellent internet and research skills, good customer service skills including a pleasant telephone manner, good organizational and communication skills
- Project coordination skills: Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality, and function in stressful situations
- Willingness to take ownership of projects, ability to follow instructions and work independently or with minimal supervision
- A background check is required for all internships
All internships are non-stipend and must be for academic credit or graduation requirements. Only college or graduate students should apply.