Cornerstone Advocacy Service
Cornerstone is a $4.8M agency with approximately 90 employees. We provide specialized services within eleven cities, including Bloomington, Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Crystal, Edina, Eden Prairie, Maple Grove, Richfield, Robbinsdale, St. Louis Park, and Minneapolis. Our organization serves individuals impacted by domestic violence, sexual violence and human trafficking, with office locations in Bloomington, Minneapolis, and Brooklyn Center. Cornerstone has developed one of the most comprehensive service continuums for victims of violence in Minnesota. Our services are designed to move individuals and families from crisis to safety, stabilization and security. Last year approximately 4,000 individuals accessed Cornerstone programming. We are committed to providing opportunities for others to partner with us in this work and to convey, as a community, zero-tolerance for violence.
|Location: Twin Cities Metro||Activity Area: Human Services and/or Youth Development|
|Category: Health/Human Services Workforce||Closing Date: open until filled|
|Job Type: Part Time||Salary: DOQ|
|Hours: 15 to 19 hours per week|
To provide direct childcare to children age 4 months to 12 years of age in order for their parents to attend critical programming and services. This position will plan, implement and lead creative activities, for children of a variety of ages, in a safe atmosphere that promotes caring, enjoyment and learning. Responsible for organizing and maintaining the children’s space and equipment used for childcare; ensuring safety of children; providing accurate documentation of childcare services; and supervising volunteers.
The position will hold a schedule of Tuesday/Thursday from 12PM-8PM and most Saturdays from 9am-Noon.
- Plan and implement arts and crafts, games, music and other recreational activities.
- Provide positive role-modeling to parents and youth.
- Assist children to develop safe and appropriate ways of interacting and expressing their feelings.
- Communicate with parents about the needs of the children.
- Assist with researching and collecting resources relating to families with children and distributing them (i.e. school supplies, program information, etc.).
- Know and implement all policies for appropriate supervision of all children.
- Team leader for volunteer childcare workers and provide direction.
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator in the scheduling of volunteers and interns.
- Maintain cleanliness of the children’s room, mini-gym, and other program spaces.
- Responsible for keeping accurate records of attendance and transferring of the information to a designated team member and/or data entry.
- Perform other responsibilities requested or approved by supervisor.
- Report continuing education as requested.
- Properly document all incidents, follow accident prevention policies to ensure that clients are not unduly exposed to preventable injuries.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 2 to 3 evenings a week and most Saturday mornings.
- Attend all-staff meetings and trainings.
- Promote Cornerstone mission and philosophy.
- Display high ethical/professional standards.
High school diploma or equivalent; one or more years post-secondary education in child development, elementary education, early childhood education, or related field and/or equivalent experience; 2 or more years’ experience working with children; CPR & First Aid certification; and experience working with volunteers a plus. Ability to work independently and to make decisions under pressure.
Experience working with diverse populations. Must have access to a reliable car and possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license and maintain automobile insurance.
Other Qualifications: Ability to adjust plans and activities to ensure children’s engagement; solid understanding and practice of sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic diversity; excellent interpersonal skills; and ability to work effectively with parents. Must be able to work a minimum of two evenings a week, and most Saturday mornings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities and those who may be Deaf/Hard of Hearing, to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use manual dexterity for use of objects, tools or controls as well as visual acuity. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee should always request assistance if any object needs to be lifted and the employee feels that their capabilities are such that the specific item to be lifted is beyond the employees abilities. No employee should attempt to lift more than what is comfortable for them. If such a situation should arise the employee should notify their supervisor to find help with lifting any item regardless of weight if the object to be lifted is awkward or difficult to lift in any way.
Cornerstone strives for a fully inclusive work environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital, familial, status with regard to public assistance or any other characteristic. The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Cornerstone is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Cornerstone offers a generous salary and benefits package.
How To Apply:
Please E-Mail your cover letter & resume to email@example.com
No agencies; No walk-ins; No phone calls please