Membership & Development Officer
Minnesota Housing Partnership
Minnesota Housing Partnership (MHP) convenes, guides, and supports a diversity of partners working to improve conditions of home and community. Building on decades of experience, we strengthen development capacity and promote policies that expand opportunity, especially for people at the lowest income levels.
|Location: Twin Cities Metro||Activity Area: Food and/or Housing Related|
|Category: Fundraising and Fund Development||Closing Date: open until filled|
|Job Type: Full Time||Salary: 50,000 - 60,000 DOQ, Full Benefit Package|
|Hours: 40 HRS/WK Exempt, Salaried|
The Membership and Development Officer is responsible for executing outreach, recruitment and stewardship to increase the financial resources and stakeholder engagement for MHP’s key programs. A primary focus of this position will be on the organization’s Investors Council, which represents industry leaders in affordable housing and community development, including event planning and working with MHP leaders to grow its membership. The Membership and Development Officer will also work with Director of Communications and Partnerships to provide assistance in cultivating new partnership, engagement and fundraising opportunities. This position will work internally with staff and board leaders, as well as represent MHP and its work in the community.
• Cultivate, steward and increase new and current stakeholder engagement with MHP programs, including policy work, external events and research projects.
• Identify and steward new donor, stakeholder and partner relationships that advance MHP’s mission.
• Work with MHP staff to create and implement Investors Council membership recruitment and renewal campaigns.
• Lead the planning, coordination, logistics, marketing, registration, speaker arrangements, etc. for all Investors Council events (approximately 4/year).
• Maintain database to track and build relationships with Investors Council members and other key stakeholders.
• Work with MHP board committees to increase Investors Council membership and leverage additional fundraising opportunities.
• Work with MHP staff to identify opportunities to increase financial resources, external visibility and stakeholder engagement in their programs.
• Promote MHP as an organization and promote Investors Council membership and engagement at relevant events.
• Assist in the creation of communications materials, content and promotion.
• Fundraising and external communications knowledge.
• Skills in membership development and engagement.
• Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in basic office computer software systems (Word, Excel, Office 365, SharePoint, PowerPoint, CRM databases, and Excel).
• Ability to adapt to short deadlines and a fast paced environment, ability to manage several simultaneous projects.
• Self-starter with enthusiasm for networking and relationship building.
•Experience building partnerships and collaborations with private, nonprofit, and public-sector partners, preferably in housing and community development.
• Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, communications or related field or equivalent professional experience.
• 2+ years in promoting membership and/or resource development.
• Experience working collaboratively with multiple staff and key organization stakeholders.
• Involves sitting/standing for extended periods of time to work at a computer screen
• Lifting up to 30 pounds for occasional filing, event and meeting management
• Finger and hand dexterity
• Vision, including close vision, ability to adjust or focus
• Hearing, Speaking
• Office environment, noise level – quiet
• Good air quality and lighting
• Some Travel required, occasional overnight stays
• Occasional offsite remote work
• Must have reliable transportation
How To Apply:
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Minnesota
Housing Partnership, by email to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER