Diversity and Inclusion Networking LunchDate: Oct 18, 2012
Time: 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM
If you are interested in learning more about diversity and inclusion in nonprofit work, you are invited to join MCN and Charities Review Council for this free, informal discussion and information sharing group.
Each month a topic is identified around which the majority of the discussion will revolve. Participants are encouraged to bring questions, examples and insights related to the topic of the session. In addition to the featured topic discussion, each session will include time to network and ask questions. This network is free and no RSVP is necessary. You are invited to bring your lunch, business cards and ideas. If you have any questions about the Diversity and Inclusion Networking Lunches, please contact Lauren Van Schepen, MCN’s nonprofit services assistant, at 651-757-3088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note these lunches DO NOT take place at MCN, but rather at nonprofits that serve diverse communities. Locations change each month so please check the specific event listing for each lunch you would like to attend.
The first six lunches will be facilitated by Dr. Mai Moua and will be follow the same topics covered in MCN’s Diversity and Inclusion Series. However, you do not need to attend the webinars to attend the lunches.
The Diversity and Inclusion Networking Lunches are co-sponsored by the Charities Review Council.
2012 Dates and Topics
- January 19 – Engaging Diverse Stakeholders in the Nonprofit Sector
- February 16 – Cultural Intelligence Matters: Tools to Build Cultural Competence and Agility
- March 15 – What’s Emotions Got to do with Culture
- April 19 – Cross Cultural Management and Leadership: Practical Tools and Techniques to Managing and Leading a Diverse Workforce
- May 17 – The Culture of Inclusion: 5 Factors to Creating Inclusive Environments
- June 21 – The 3Rs of Inclusion: Relationship, Reciprocity, and Reflection
- July 19 – Best Practices of Diversity and Inclusion for Nonprofit Organizations
- August 16 – Humor as a Tool for Connecting Across Cultures
- September 20 – H.R. & Employment: The Talent Priority
- October 18 – Across Culture Rituals
- November 15 – Assessments: How We Can Measure Our Individual and Organizational Inclusivity…and Why It’s a Good Starting Place
- December 20 – Creative, Fun and Engaging Ideas for Organizations to Become More Inclusive