Diversity and Inclusion Series: The 3Rs of Inclusion: Relationship, Reciprocity, and ReflectionDate: Jun 12, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
|Fee: $45 for MCN members / $65 for nonmembers||Register Now!|
Why do inclusive practices fail? What can be done to increase the probability of creating inclusive relationships? In this session, we focus on the 3Rs of inclusion and describe the different ways cultural groups develop trust and relationships. Participants learn the importance of reciprocity, seen from another’s perspective, and identify strategies to reflect on inclusive practices. The presenter will provide tools that help nonprofit workers to know how to build trust and relationships with culturally specific communities.
This webinar is part of the Diversity and Inclusion Series, a six-part webinar series on culture, diversity and inclusion.
About the Series
This webinar series on culture, diversity and inclusion will help organizations:
- Explore the unique assets diversity and inclusion brings to organizations.
- Identify challenges that create barriers to effective diversity and inclusion work.
- Engage the whole system to shift perceptions of diversity and inclusion.
- Create strategies to leverage organizational effectiveness in diversity and inclusion.
- Invest in diversity and inclusive leadership practices.
Participants can expect:
- 60 minute topics on culture, diversity and inclusion
- Information and resources on topics
- Practical hands-on exercises
- Take away training ideas and tools
- Q & A session
This six-part series includes the following webinars:
- The Landscape of Culture and Diversity in Minnesota: Engaging Diverse Stakeholders in the Nonprofit Sector, Tuesday, January 10
- Cultural Intelligence Matters: Tools to Build Cultural Competence and Agility, Tuesday, February 14
- What’s Emotions Got to Do with Culture: Strengthening Cross Cultural Interactions Using Emotional Intelligence, Tuesday, March 13
- Cross Cultural Management and Leadership: Practical Tools and Techniques to Managing and Leading a Diverse Workforce, Tuesday, April 10
- The Culture of Inclusion: 5 Factors to Creating Inclusive Environments, Tuesday, May 8
- The 3Rs of Inclusion: Relationship, Reciprocity and Reflection, Tuesday, June 12
This series of webinars are presented in conjunction with MCN's new Diversity and Inclusion Networking Lunches. The first six lunches of the year will focus on the same topic as the webinar that month. Please visit MCN's Networking Lunches page for more information.
These webinars will also be viewed in Willmar, followed by a facilitated discussion about diversity and inclusion at the organizational, community and regional levels. Please visit MCN's Central Chapter Regional Trainings page for more information.
About the Presenter
Mai Moua is the founder and president of Leadership Paradigms, Inc., a consulting firm which specializes in leadership and organizational development and training. She is Hmong-American and came to the United States in 1979 as a refugee from Thailand. Mai has presented her research and conducted workshops on leadership and organizational effectiveness to an internationally diverse audience consisting of leadership scholars and academics, executives and directors, practitioners and students on a national and international level including the Middle East, Europe and Canada. She currently teaches graduate level courses in public and nonprofit management and leadership and management communication.