MCN is pleased to offer a limited number of partial scholarships for most MCN sponsored trainings and events. (For scholarships to attend our conferences, please see the link on the center of each conference webpage.)
Individuals meeting any of the following criteria receive preference for significant partial scholarships to MCN sponsored workshops and webinars.
- Small organizations with budgets under $750,000
- Greater Minnesota organizations from outside the seven-county Twin Cities area
- Immigrant and refugee organizations (led by immigrants/refugees or serving over 50% of clients who are immigrants or refugees) and culturally-specific organizations working with individual cultural communities
- Full time students, jobseekers or full time volunteers (i.e., AmeriCorps, VISTA, Public Allies)
Other limited scholarships may be awarded on a case-by-case basis, based on availability of funding and space at the event.
In 2015, MCN provided over 595 people with more than $92,000 in savings through scholarships to our events.
Apply Now for a Partial Scholarship to a Workshop or Webinar
To apply, please submit a written request to Paul Masiarchin (email, mail or fax) at least one week prior to the workshop or webinar. Please include the following information:
- Your full name
- The date and name of the event that you hope to attend
- Organizational affiliation, annual budget size and service area (or note if you are a jobseeker or student)
- Your current email address, mailing address and phone number
- A note addressing why you and/or your organization is requesting a scholarship and how attending the workshop would advance you and/or your organization
Do not register for the event online if you plan to apply for a scholarship.
MCN’s registration policy applies to all registrants, including scholarship recipients. Accepting a scholarship offer constitutes as an agreement to pay the pre-determined registration fee, whether or not the registrant actually attends the event (see Registration Policies & Refunds for details). Registrants who are unable to attend the session/conference may substitute someone to attend in their place. Please contact MCN's registrar via email and let us know who will be attending in your place. Your scholarship is non-transferable to other workshops or conferences.