MCN is excited to launch its nonprofit advocacy training calendar for 2017. You can expect a mix of short webinars, in-person convenings, workshops, face-time with elected officials and their staffers, and some good networking! Here’s a preview of what’s coming soon:
- Lobbying? Yes! You Can! – January 20 from 10 - 11 a.m.
- Children and Youth Issues Briefing – January 27 from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- How a Bill Becomes a Law – February 10 from 10 - 11 a.m.
- Capitol Lab – February 24 from 10 a.m. - noon
- Understanding the State Budget - March 10 from 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Working with Media in Advocacy – March 24 from 10 a.m. - noon
MCN is pleased to announce the 2017 Coffee with Congress series in partnership with the Minnesota Council on Foundations, the Greater Twin Cities United Way and United Ways of Minnesota. This series brings members of Congress to the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors for in-district public policy conversations. Check back for upcoming details.
Want to stay updated on MCN's policy work, advocacy trainings and events, or the 2017 legislative session? Subscribe to MCN's The Nonprofit Advocate, a monthly e-newsletter with the latest from the Capitol.