How to Submit an Announcement
MCN is glad to share news about Minnesota's extraordinary nonprofit sector. With over 20,000 weekly visitors, MCN's website can be a great way for you to get the word out about your own organization's news, awards and advancements.
Member organizations are invited to submit organizational announcements to be featured in the Sector News section of MCN's website.
If you would like to submit an announcement, please send the following information to Sarah Crumrine, communications coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A text description of your announcement that does not exceed 50 words.
- A web link to a full text description of your announcement/press release, or to your organization's website.
- Submitted photos must be 115 pixels wide by 150 pixels high (MCN can not edit submitted photos. Photos that are not submitted within the noted dimensions can not be posted).
Submissions will be posted online within 1-2 days of receipt and will remain online for approximately 10 days.
- Leadership changes;
- New staff or staff transitions;
- New board members;
- Individual and/or organizational awards;
- Organizational name changes and mergers; and
- New services, projects or accomplishments.
Event announcements and donation solicitations will not be posted at this time.
Organization announcements will still be featured in MCN's quarterly print publication, Nonprofit News, which is mailed to 13,000 nonprofit leaders. Nonprofit News Awards and Advancements will feature:
- New executive directors;
- Organizational mergers; and
- Individual and/or organizational awards.
If you have any questions about award and advancement submissions, please contact Sarah Crumrine at email@example.com or 651-757-3067.